More Than Sweat is a healthy lifestyle program in which you will receive all of the following
See below for the specific breakdown of each component.
APP BASED EXERCISE PROGRAM: You will receive a four week exercise program in a user friendly web platform and downloadable app (Android and iOS) complete with video demonstrations. The exercise program has different versions to accommodate for pregnancy, postpartum, diastasis recti, low impact, runners, beginner + advanced. Furthermore, it can be customized for a three, four or five day per week exercise schedule.
The workouts can be done at home or in the gym, and they last about 30 - 45 minutes. See below for the necessary equipment. Keep in mind that many of these can be substituted with things you already have in the house!
Exercise Guide: This guide explains suggested principles and theories of exercise so that you know the science behind my reasoning.
Workout Rules: This will teach you how to have the most effective and efficient workout as possible. It is not enough to just go through the motions, and I will help teach how to maximize the exercise.
DEEP CORE GUIDE: This in depth guide outlines the different parts of the deep core and their function and purpose. I describe how to properly engage these muscles of the deep core, in addition to talking about diaphragmatic breathing, proper posture, correct plank form and more.
PRENATAL/POSTNATAL GUIDES: In addition to the general deep core guide, I have created two different documents for the prenatal and postnatal ladies and all the special concerns that they have.
VIDEOS: Because sometimes written descriptions are not enough, I have created several videos discussing the different components of the deep core. Some of this can be tricky to get down at first, so I am hoping that presenting the information in various modes will help.
EXERCISES: You will receive deep core exercises (varying depending on prenatal/postnatal/regular) so as to learn how to properly engage these muscles and heal or prevent diastasis recti.
Private Facebook Group: You will have access to a private Facebook group that will serve as a portal for encouragement, discussion, motivation, accountability, camaraderie, questions, information, tips and so much more.
Personal Accountability: I will also be emailing everyone in the group on a weekly basis in order to not only personally check-in to see how things are going, but to also answer any private questions you may have and to ensure that you are doing the deep core technique properly.
Schedule: We have jam packed the program with content - information, videos and more - as we wanted to equip you as best as we possibly can. However, we do not want you to be overwhelmed. Therefore, we are giving you a daily schedule for the reading, videos, exercise, etc so that you can better absorb the information.
1. Set of Dumbbells - Medium resistance (5 to 15# set). I prefer the hexagonal shape at the end as your hand fits under the dumbbell better when using them on the ground. I also like the cast iron instead of the neoprene because the neoprene will essentially rot and fall of the dumbbell. I have linked a set on Amazon, but these can also be purchased at major retailers like Target and Wal-Mart. Additionally, they can often be found used for a cheaper price at second hand sports stores or online sites such as Craigslist and Facebook Garage Sales.
(It would also be beneficial to have a smaller set of dumbbells (1 to 5# set), but you can use soup cans or water bottles as well.)
2. Exercise Ball - I again have linked a quality brand on Amazon, but these can also be purchased at major retailers like Target and Wal-Mart. The appropriate size depends on your height:
4'11" to 5'4" height: 55 cm ball
5'4" to 5'11" height: 65 cm ball
5'11" to 6' 7" height: 75 cm ball
3. Circle Mini Resistance Band - Medium resistance. I have linked to my favorite set here. You actually do not need the whole set, but rather just one of medium resistance (green or blue in this case). If you visit a local physical therapy office, they will usually sell these individually.
4. Val Slides - You can purchase these off of Amazon, but you can also simply use household items - socks or rags on hard floors or paper plates on carpet.
5. Handle Resistance Band - I recommend not only a medium resistance band like the one linked here, but also one that comes with a door attachment so that you can loop it around something or anchor it a door.